We love celebrating holidays and taking part in traditions as a family. It makes us feel more connected and forces us to put down what we are doing and spend family time together. Our kids have a sense of belonging and know what to expect.
St. Patrick’s Day is a great time to start a new tradition. There are lots of silly things you can do to make it fun for the whole family. Move over green beer! Here’s a sampling of ideas for you…
- Put green food coloring in the toilet.
- Put green food coloring in the milk (all natural of course).
- Make green pancakes or green eggs for breakfast.
- Leave gold coins all over the house or in the backyard and have the kids hunt for them.
- Have the leprachaun do silly things- turn chairs backwards, pillows on bottom of bed, all lights on, mess up toys and leave a trail of leprachaun dust (glitter).
- Have the leprachaun leave small green treat bags with chocolate coins, green necklaces and a note.
- Eat healthy green all day; green grapes, apples, kiwi, honeydew, broccoli, green beans, peas, zucchini, cucumber, celery, green smoothies, quacamole, green juice or pesto sauce.
- Work together the night before to make a leprachaun trap complete with cookies to lure him in and rainbows for decoration.
- Put natural green food coloring in a bowl and cover with cereal. When they pour in the milk it will turn green.
Check out these great resources…
What are some of your family traditions for St. Patrick’s Day?